Good Neighbor Program
As Short Term Rental hosts, homeowners and professionals, we need to work together to avert potential problems and to ensure that developing problems are resolved.
STRASD’s mission is to protect and promote the short term rental industry in San Diego by ensuring our member hosts are adhering to the following guidelines:
- Work to improve the relationship between guests and property owners.
- Work with property owner associations and community residents to be good neighbors and to conduct responsible practices.
- Work with city officials and politicians to improve services and communication.
- Endeavor to eliminate any practices in the community that could be damaging to the public or could bring discredit to the short term rental/home sharing industry.
- Educate local citizens, neighborhood councils, city officials, and politicians about the benefits of regulating short term furnished rentals.
- The Short Term Rental Alliance of San Diego asks that all guests maintain a peaceful atmosphere for all residents and visitors in our neighborhoods. STRASD has developed a Guest Code of Conduct Agreement in which our member hosts are urged to inform all guests of local and neighborhood laws ask guests to abide by the following:
- Please respect the neighborhood and your neighbor’s right to quiet enjoyment of their home.
- Loud Music and noise are prohibited. Quiet times are 9pm to 9am
- Overnight guests shall not exceed the property’s posted and agreed to occupancy.
- Only registered guests shall occupy the short term rental.
- All rental properties are designated for residential use consistent with the local codes. Prom groups, large groups, receptions or like/kind events are not allowed.
- Cars parked on premises shall not exceed parking capacity of property.
- Parking in or blocking of neighboring driveways of rental property is prohibited. Vehicles will not be driven or parked where not allowed.
- Posted street signage (speed limits, parking, etc) will be obeyed.
- Motor homes, campers, and tents are prohibited and may not be parked or hooked up at the short term rental property.
- Only registered pets are allowed in designated rental properties.
- Leash laws must be obeyed and guests will pick up after their pets and dispose of waste properly.
- Help keep our neighborhoods clean! Garbage will be bagged securely and placed in the trash bins provided. City Code requires all trash bins to be rolled to the curb the night before the appropriate pick up day & returned to house within 24 hours.